Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Wednesday. So What's Cooking?

Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda and Rice.

June is busting out all over and so will I if I don’t start eating healthier. After a few failed attempts, I’ve finally come up with a nice fish recipe Studs enjoys. I hope you will, too.



Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda
Rice
Tossed salad
White Wine – Riesling or Chardonnay




Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda


3 tilapia filets
1½ tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tsp.
½ tsp. anchovy paste
2 cloves garlic pressed
1 tbsp. orange juice plus ½ tsp.
1 tbsp. fresh basil if you use dried then 1 tsp.
½ tsp. lemon juice
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Sauce
Preheat oven to 200°F

Heat butter and olive oil in a pan until butter is melted. Add anchovy paste. Stir to dissolve. Add garlic, cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in orange and lemon juices. Keep warm in preheated oven.

Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Warm before using.

Fish
Sprinkle fish with pepper. Brush with remaining olive oil. Fry fish on medium until opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Drizzle sauce over the fish and serve.

Rice
Prepare your favorite brand as the package directs, but replace half the water with chicken broth for more flavor.

Tossed Salad
Lettuce from 2 different types torn into bite size pieces green leaf and head are excellent
Tomatoes sliced
Cucumber peeled and sliced
Green Onions, sliced, be sure to include some of the green
Mushrooms sliced
And anything else that strikes your fancy

Combine everything and toss well. Cover with a damp paper towel, then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When it's time, toss salad with your favorite dressing. Be careful not to add too much or the lettuce will get soggy. Portion out onto chilled salad plates or chilled bowls and serve.

I'll be back Friday with new writing tips. Until then...

Eat Well!

Sloane Taylor

8 comments:

  1. The more I get to know you, the more I want to adopt you! Have a whole case of Chardonny waiting for you! Great recipe, shared and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the start of a new book.:) You know I'll follow you to the ends of Earth if liquor is involved. LOL. Thanks for tweeting and sharing.

      Delete
  2. The recipe looks great! I do something similar on my site A Book and A Dish http://marthaskitchenkorner.blogspot.com I post my review and the author's favorite recipe. It's my way of bringing the cook and the readers together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mac, I like your idea. I've bookmarked your site to check it out. Thank you for stopping in today.

      Delete
  3. Another great recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janna, I received a message you commented but I can't seem to find it. I'm glad you like the recipe. If you try if, please let me know what your family and/or friends think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. I've always loved fish - grew up on crappie and channel cat we caught ourselves. The only thing that made my nose wrinkle was the mushrooms in the salad. Leave mine off, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mushrooms for you, Cordelia. We'll replace them with pine nuts. It's a nice change.:)

      Cat fish is one of my favorites. Long ago I had an uncle who caught them in the Mississippi. That same night the family would feast on fresh cat fish. Fantastic!

      Delete