Wednesday, December 05, 2012

It's Wednesday. So What's Cooking?

Time for an easy recipe that certainly fits an erotica writer’s web site! Pasta Puntanesca which translates to Whore’s Spaghetti.

Rumor has it that over a century ago, the Italian Working Girls prepared this dish for their late night customers from standard kitchen supplies. It was an added bonus for their clients and an easy way to keep business flowing. No matter how the name came to be, the dish is superb and freezes well. Try it and, please, let me know what you think.

Pasta Puntanesca – Whore’s Spaghetti
Salad
Italian Bread
Olive Oil for dipping the bread
Chianti Wine Carlo Rossi makes a decent Chianti at a fantastic price


Puntanesca
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 - 14.5oz can Italian plum tomatoes drained, and coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. capers chopped (optional)
1 can medium black olives, drained, pitted, and chopped
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, stir, 2 - 3 minutes.

Stir in the tomatoes, capers, olives, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and black pepper, return to low heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add pepper. Taste the sauce, adjust seasoning to suit your taste.

Reduce the heat to low, simmer another 15 minutes.


Pasta
1# spaghetti
1 tsp. fresh or dried parsley
Grated parmesan cheese

Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente; drain.

Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, sprinkle on the parsley.

Serve the parmesan cheese on the side.


Tossed Salad
A variety of fresh lettuce
Feta cheese
Fried bacon crumbled
Tomatoes cut in eights
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Toss everything but oil and vinegar together in a large bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and store in the fridge until ready to serve.

Combine the oil and vinegar just before serving. Add in pepper and stir. Pour some over the salad and toss well.

Save some oil for dipping the bread!

I'll be back Monday with awesome YA author Sharon Ledwith. Until then...

Mangiare Bene!

Sloane Taylor
Twitter
Amazon Author Page

8 comments:

  1. You had me at recipe...add the rest and I had to check it out! Sounds good, Sloane. When do I come for dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon down. Table's set for you and your DH!

      Delete
  2. Whore's Spaghetti, lol. I'd have a time explaining that on my menu. Hey, kids! Tonight we're having...! Love it. Definitely going to give it a go and set my jarred sauce aside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I knew I'd finally come up a meatless recipe that would work for you.:) Your entire family will enjoy this meal.

      Delete
  3. Rumor has it...you're coming to my place over the holidays to prepare that yummy meal! Wink. I'll supply the vino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M THERE!!! Canada here I come!!!

      Delete
  4. I wish my husband would tolerate pasta in the frequency I'd like to cook it. I love slutty spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Maybe he'd want it more often if you prepare this recipe and over a glass of wine tell him the name. I say ship the kids out for the night and enjoy!!

      Delete